Sunday, June 6, 2010

Taste of Yukon

Yesterday we went to the Taste of Yukon-Louisiana-Craw Fish Festival.  I'm not real sure where this festival comes from or why we have it in Yukon.  All I know is that it has to do to with Oklahoma being part of the Louisiana Purchase so its an excuse to have craw fish races and over priced lemonade.  The only real reason we went is because Jordan read in the paper that there was supposed to be a Civil War re-enactment and we figured that alone would be well worth the price of admission (Did I mention it was free ?).
Again, not sure where this comes from.  I've lived here all my life and I've never heard of any re-enactments.  Pretty sure we didn't even have much to do with the Civil War 'round these parts.

We got there a little later in the day and missed anything exciting.  We didn't stay too long but I got a quick photo of a Civil War canon.  For some reason it was aimed across the lawn at a Native American tepee.  Weird.  I always thought they were fighting against the North. 

I did see the box score though.  It looked like the South pulled an upset this year with some stingy defense and a last minute, well executed flank maneuver.  38-34 was the final body count.  Good game guys.  We'll get 'em next year Abe.


No comments:

Post a Comment