Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy Weekend

Jordan and I had a pretty eventful weekend.  Maybe go to the Home Depot...maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I don't know.  I don't know if we'll have enough time.....   ok nevermind. 

Friday night we went out to Mama Rojas on Lake Hefner and had some dinner and drinks.  Its one of our favorite places to go for Mexican.  After dinner we walked over to Louie's and met this man walking a pug.  His name was Monty (the pug, not the man.  I actually have no idea what the man's name was.)  We talked to him for probably 15 minutes while we pet Monty.  He was a good dog.  A 9 week old Great Dane puppy walked by who was taller than 2 Murphy's stacked on top of each other.  That dog will be huge!  We had a really fun time. 

Saturday was the big cookout for the World Cup match between the USA and England.  Talk about old rivals.  Kevin told us that the US team wore a patch on their jerseys, and on the inside of the patch was the Revolutionary motto "Don't Tread on Me."  I thought that was kinda cool.  We also thought it would be pretty sweet if we came out with jerseys that just had "1776" on the front of it in big, bold numbers. 

Too soon?  Ok maybe that would be in bad taste.  But it would be cool.  The game was pretty good.  It ended at a tie, 1-1, thanks to the English goalie and his butter fingers.  My dog could have stopped that shot, but we'll take it. 

After the game we gave Owen and Ellie one of their birthday presents.  It was a 3D Slip 'n Slide with a shark tunnel.  Yep.  Its supposed to look like the shark is eating you.  Came with glasses and everything.  Not sure the 3D thing worked real well but Brandon and I did try it out.  Been a long time since I went down a Slip 'n Slide.  Didn't sprain or break anything so we're good there.

On Sunday morning we got up and went to iHop (they have wi-fi, right?) and took the dogs to PetSmart for some shots.  Later in the day Owen called and asked Jordan and I if we wanted to go swimming with them.  So we went to Kevin's parents house and jumped in the pool.  We hung out for a bit and ate dinner with the Cunningham's and headed home. 

Never made it to the Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment