Monday, January 31, 2011

Thunder Fans of LOUD CITY

So I'm not exactly a seasoned basketball fan but I have been to around 20 Thunder games and there are some rules that need to be enforced in my opinion.

First, this one goes out to the guys.   Please do not spend your hard working money on your non-interested significant others.  How do you spot this lady you ask?   Well oddly enough all 4 examples that come to mind of offenders have very long fake nails, teased blonde hair and a bejeweled iPhone.  These ladies should be replaced because they tap away the entire game!  They are checking Facebook everytime the Angry Birds servers lose connection (which is often in the OKC Arena) and I'm pretty sure the sound effects to TapFish do not make her any better at the game. Save the $31 she is wasting by playing on her phone and bring someone who is paying attention.  She can play on her phone for free at home. 

Second,  people of Loud City this is for you.   Why would you ever need to get up more than 2 times during the game?  You do realize that when you walk up and down the stairs you are blocking the game from everyone....right?   Please multi-task while you are away from your seat or tinkle before the game.  Your timing is always right in line with the block or dunk that everyone else is celebrating.   It's not cool. 

Third,  this is for the people showing up in the fourth quarter who require the usher to help them find their seats.  I'm not sure what happened that made you so very late but if you haven't noticed the 4th quarter seems to be the only one that matters lately.  They are intense.  Please sit down.  

Fourth,  drunk college boys I'm not going to say some of the things you have yelled this season haven't made me laugh because they did.  It's more about your timing.  Yelling the entire game is not funny.  You do know the opposing team's players can't hear you. 

I don't want to make it sound like there isn't some enjoyable fans out there in LOUD CITY.  So  I want to give some praises to my favorite season ticket holders around us.  I love the lady in the row in front of us that always shows up at the beginning of the 2nd quarter....she has the best side braid ever!  Her braid starts above her left ear and goes down to her waist.   So many questions I would ask if we ever got the chance to talk.   In front of her is the man I call Sarg.  He is a for real military Drill Sergent and he does not play.  I believe the entire section of 322 would drop down and give him 50 he told us too.  I always enjoy what he yells at the refs. Today he yelled at a Heat fan 2 entire sections over to shut up when she would scream her head off eveytime we went to the free throw line.   Classic.   (She did too and we were all grateful.)    

Although I have never seen the woman's face who sits 5 rows down from us I enjoy her enthusiasm.  Her furious fist pumps in the air everytime we score never gets old.  She is just as pumped about the first basket as she is the 30th.   Same intensity the whole time.   She must hardly be able to contain herself all day before the game.  

Now don't take those rules the wrong way though.  I absolutely love having season tickets and will gladly put up will all the infractions that occur during every game because some of the best memories have been made at these games.  I have learned so much basketball that I would have never dreamed of knowing.  I am now able to see fouls,  screens, and even some plays as they are unfolding.  I know where all the players sweet spots are on the floor and have all their free throw routines memorized.  I have gotten the chance to see some amazing basketball and enjoyed every minute of it.  THUNDER UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment