
Tuesday a friend at work invited me to the Thunder game against Dallas. I've started to really follow the NBA more since getting a team and enjoy going to the games. This one was probably the best game I've been to so far. Both teams are fighting for playoff spots and Kevin Durant is in the middle of a 25 game streak where he has scored 25 points or more each game.
It started out a little rough, and if there wasn't a scoreboard, I would have bet money that we were losing by atleast 10 points. We actually had a 2 point lead at half time. We pulled away in the second half and won the game 99-86. The best part of the night came with about 25 seconds left in the game Dallas just made a layup and Westbrook started to bring the ball down the court. Durant had 23 points. He handed the ball to Durant as if to say, "one more basket". Durant took the ball, drove down the middle of the lane and put up an acrobatic one handed layup that dropped in for two. 25 points! The streak stays alive. Only 2 players have had a longer streak. Allen Iverson with 27 games and Michael Jordan, who did it 40 straight games. Not sure he'll make it to 40, but it would be cool to see Durant's name just under MJ.
Jordan, Adam, and I are going to the Thunder-Suns game on Tues. Another important game for playoff positioning.
No comments:
Post a Comment