Anyway, last night we went to see Michael Buble at the Arena formally known as the Ford Center. Before you start making fun of us, you should know that the tickets were free, and we got to sit up in the suite again. You should also know that........wait for it.......the show was really good. I could probably name you a total of one song I know by Michael Buble but of course he sings a lot of popular songs too. And with a jazzy kind of feel, which I can definitely get in to.
It started off with an opening act called Naturally 7. These guys are amazing. They are a vocal group (no instruments at all) and they sing and "play" their own music with their voices. Drums, bass, trombone, turn tables, electric guitar....and it is legit. I would recommend giving them a listen. They are fun and entertaining. Click this link and look at the youtube video on this page. If you want, skip to about minute 5 and watch the last few minutes. The guy doing the guitar solo is ridiculous.
My Guitar Gently Weeps
Another thing I learned last night. Michael Buble is kind of hilarious. After his opening song, he just talked to the crowd for about 5 minutes or so and was making all kinds of jokes. It was like stand up comedy. The muscians were really good too. Awesome trumpet solos in there! All in all, it was a great show. I would actually recommend going to see him live. But I'm not gay.

If you like the acapella music of Naturally7, you would enjoy a show called "The Sing Off" on Monday and Wednesday nights on NBC.
ReplyDeleteIt's an acapella group competion, and Monday night will start week 3. I think they're already down to 6 bands left....Really talented people!!